Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It Runs in the Family


Hi everyone!

I sure hope you had a nice 4th of July. Ours was spent with extended family for a BBQ and swimming and it was HOT!

I wanted to share with you the cake my little baker, J, made for the gathering. I can see the decorator's mind budding in him. He came to me with a large pack of fire crackers, citing the cover art on the package, and said he wanted to make his cake look like that. I think he definitely has the bug. He is starting to see everyday things in cake. Finding his inspiration for designs in every day things. My baby is growing up. Sniff sniff.



We were watching the Cake Boss TV marathon last night and he loved it. He was awed by Buddy's cakes, and said it me: " I am going to work to make my cakes even better, Mom."


Yep. He's a goner.


-----------------------------------


An abscessed tooth has set me back this week, so I will get that other post about my crazy day last week posted next week. Tomorrow I am off for a quick trip to the West Coast for some fun! I will tell you more about that later on down the road.

Right now I am going to find my pain meds, ice pack and antibiotics and go pack. Got an early flight tomorrow. UGH.


You guys be good, make some ubertastic cakes this weekend, and I will check in with you next week!

Happy caking,
Sharon
www.sugaredproductions.com

9 comments:

Rockysharon said...

Fun cake! YEP! He's a goner....how fun will that be. You guys can be the first Mother/Son cake show on the food channel! Have a fun vacation!

LadybugLuggage said...

WOW Sharon, that is talent!!! Enjoy your trip, you deserve it!!! Hope you tooth gets better very soon!!!

June said...

Oh yes Sharon! He's got talent, that cake is great. How old is he?
My grandson is showing a lot of interest too.

dai said...

That's great!! My son is also showing interest - he is 7! There ought to be a mother/son cake convention somewhere sometime :o)

Snooky doodle said...

nice cake! yeah he s got it in the genes :) hope your tooth gets well. and have a nice trip.

Gayla said...

I think it's very safe to say that J has got the bug and his cake is great!!! I think it's wonderful that he's found this interest and he has you as a mentor. Have a great and safe trip!! Look forward to hearing about it when you return!

fiddlesticks said...

WOW! Great cake J !!
Sharon have a great trip and feel better fast!

cindyS said...

oh it makes a mom's heart swell with pride doesn't it :D

please take care of yourself and have an awesome trip!!

angelabarton said...

Great cake! My little 3 year old always wants to help me bake in the kitchen, can't wait until she's a bit older to really help out! Don't you just love Cake Boss!?! WOW! That bakery in Hoboken, NJ, is AWESOME!! They make the best Italian cookies and pastries, so I know their cakes are to probably to die for too! Hope you had fun on your trip, just catching up on everyone's blogs lately! Take care! Did you go to the ICES Convention this year? Can't wait for it to be in Charlotte, NC (my hometown) in a few years!